This Milan guide in two days It is designed to tour all the important places of the city of fashion, making the most of the time in a perfect city to make a weekend getaway, since it has a small historical center and with less points of interest than other cities Italians like Rome, Venice or Florence.
After touring the most famous monuments of Milan on the first day, on this second day you will know the most charming neighborhoods of the city such as Brera and Navigli, as well as interesting places such as the Monumental Cemetery and several old churches.
Based on the experience of our trip to Milan and Bergamo in 4 days we have prepared this guide to know the best of Milan in 2 days. We start!
Tips for traveling to Milan
This list of useful tips will help you prepare your trip to Milan:
- To get to the center or to your Milan hotel from Malpensa and Bergamo airports, you have several transport options: train, bus, taxi or book the direct transfer to the hotel, the most convenient and quick way to make this transfer. For more information you can consult this post on how to go from Milan airport to downtown.
- The accommodation in the center of Milan is very expensive, so a good option to save is to take the hotel near a metro station, even if it is further away from the center, which allows you to access the most tourist points easily.
We recommend the Andreola Central Hotel, located 200 meters from the Milan Central Station and with a great value for money.
- A very good option to know the history and anecdotes of the most famous places in the city is to book this free tour of Milan Free! With guide in Spanish, one of the best free tours in Milan.
- To save time you can book the one-day tourist bus that stops at all the city's tourist attractions.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
You can find much more information in the post of the best cards to travel without commissions.
- Buying the Milanocard for 6.5 euros you will have a metro, tram and free bus. In addition, this card includes discounts in the main attractions of the city, as well as in restaurants, shops, bicycle rentals, etc ...
For more recommendations you can consult this post of tips to travel to Milan essential.
First day in Milan
The Milan route in two days Start early visiting the Cathedral, located in the Piazza del Duomo where in addition to visiting inside to see the altar and the Statue of Bartholomew the Apostle, we recommend you go up to the terrace to enjoy good views of the historic center. You can book here the entrance to the cathedral with access to the terrace without having to queue.
In the same Piazza del Duomo there is also the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, perfect to look at shop windows and have a coffee in the historic Café Biffi and then go to the famous La Scala Theater, from the 18th century, which connects directly with the gallery. This theater, considered one of the most important in the world, can be visited by attending one of its shows or by booking this guided tour in Spanish.
Map of the second day in Milan
** All photos without a watermark have been provided by Shutterstock and Pixabay.